We want to create well-rounded students who are intellectually and physically fit. A new track and synthetic turf field creates increased opportunities for students to participate in team sports and activities, build leadership skills and improve our physical education course offerings.
A SYNTHETIC FIELD WILL PROVIDE A:
- Focal point for Waynesboro.
- Facility that inspires pride among students, staff and our community.
- Field that is environmentally-friendly to conserve water, eliminate the need for fertilizers or pesticides and decrease maintenance costs.
- Safe, high-performance playing surface.
- Practice and game area for football, soccer, field hockey, track and community sports.
- Performance venue for band, color guard and other musical events.
- Multi-purpose playing field that can be used extensively, even in the rain and during months when grass doesn’t grow.
Why synthetic turf?
- Grass has a higher rate of concussions, higher injury time loss, higher ligament and ACL tears.
- Synthetic turf is a grass-like surface that replicates lush natural grass in appearance and function.
- Synthetic turf provides a consistent year-round, all-weather playing surface, built to withstand extended use without downtime for recovery.
- Upkeep of a synthetic turf field costs three times less than natural turf.
- Allows for a multi-use facility that we can showcase the athletic and artistic talents of our students and community.
- It will be a facility our community and students will take pride in.